The workshops have exceeded their participant capacity. We are no longer accepting registration, but hope that you will join us at a future event!
- Want to learn how to inspire your students to conduct independent research?
- Interested in learning how to assist students in topic selection, time management, and presentation of science and engineering research projects?
- Planning your school’s science and engineering research competition?
- New to the process or looking for a more organized approach?
The following topics will be discussed during the workshop:
- How to foster and guide scientific and engineering research in the classroom.
- How to initiate, manage, and evaluate student science and engineering research projects.
- You will be guided through the steps in planning a school or district science & engineering fair.
2020 Workshop Dates
|7/7||3:00-3:50||Introduction to Student Research|
|7/14||3:00-3:50||Developing a Research Question|
|7/14||4:00-4:50||Creating a Research Plan and Safety Requirements|
|7/21||4:00-4:50||Stories from Students and the Journey from Plans to Presentations|
These FREE workshops will all be offered via Zoom.
Workshops are for teachers in grades 3-12 and run 3-5 pm with a 10 minute break. Complete the form to register for the workshop. The course builds upon each session, so you are strongly encouraged to sign up for all sessions. For ease in participating with Zoom, they are divided into two sessions per day. A certificate for 1 CEU will be awarded to those who participate in all 6 virtual sessions and submit complete associated work.
For questions contact: Theresa Gibson, Executive Director
Sponsored by the Biogen Foundation